The Organizing Committee of La Carrera Panamericana 2017 communicates that the customs authorities are aware of the arrival of competitors with their cars to the border and of the importance of this event for the country and are committed to supporting competitors as long as they are met the procedures according to the laws in force. The Organizing Committee can not intervene in them.
The Organizing Committee has the specialized advice of agencies and customs authorities so it invites the teams to review the following information so that they can choose the option that suits them, it is important to consider that the committee is not responsible for delays or additional expenses that can be derived when crossing the border.
Mexican laws establish that there are two ways to enter a car into national territory and for each of the options there are different requirements that we put to your consideration.
Note: Regardless of the option chosen, all competitors must process their FMM (Multiple Migratory Form) through the INM (National Institute of Migration) at the border.
For more information and to know the requirements – click http://www.mexperience.com/lifestyle/mexico-essentials/mexico-entry-requirements/
• The permit allows you to enter a single automatic car for 6 months (180 days).
• The law stipulates that the car must be able to cross the border, that it is rolling by its means and that it is able to travel on public roads, as well as comply with the requirements of law to be able to do so.
• In case of accident, damage or theft of the car of the part (s) of the spare parts, components, parts, tools, etc. that prevents the auto of the articles before they no longer have to leave the country again, (for whatever reason) it is very important to make a report before the corresponding authorities. Otherwise, the competitor could be subject to an economic sanction by the customs authorities. For more information call MarcaSAT 6272 2728 (Mexico City) or (01 55) 6272 2728 (from the interior of the country).
• You must declare everything that is accepted to enter the country and pay the corresponding taxes. Everything that enters the country must necessarily leave - otherwise, the competitor may be subject to fines and administrative sanctions by the customs authorities. The competitor must submit a detailed list of everything that is additional for his participation in the event. This list should be as close as possible and include data such as: name, quantity, description, no. of series and approximate realistic value (low range).
• Only the owner of the vehicle can enter the car into Mexican territory. In case of traveling a couple, each one can enter a vehicle. Therefore, one of the two vehicles must be in the name of another person who is present during the crossing of the border and who accompanies the team during the event.
• The procedure is performed directly at the border crossing at the Banjército windows, at the Mexican consulates in the states of Illinois, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Texas and California (up to 60 days in advance) or can be done with 10 - 60 days in advance through internet: https://www.banjercito.com.mx/registroVehiculos/ (English and Spanish version)
• The trailer and the vehicle are considered as a single unit. The trailer has a name of the person who has the title of the Truck Property.
• If the car is rented or financed, you must have all the valid documents that indicate that you have permission to enter the country.
• If he auto belongs to a company, then the company must present a letter indicating that the person who is going to enter the car has permission to take it to Mexico; although he himself is the owner of the company.
• It is very important to keep all documents safe during your stay in the country since the Federal Police or other authorities can request them for review.
• The fee paid in the Banjercito modules or in the Mexican consulates is a guarantee deposit that will be returned to the competitor as long as the person does not release the hologram of the car, do not lose the documents and leave the country for the same point that entered within the next 180 days.
If it was paid in cash, the permit holder must request reimbursement in the Banjercito modules; if it was paid by credit card, the cardholder will not have to be present since the amount will be paid directly to the card used to make the payment.
• Staff of the Organizing Committee of La Carrera Panamericana will be at Puente 3 on October 8 at 8:00 am to receive and support the competitors.
For more information consult: http://www.sat.gob.mx/aduanas/vehiculos/importacion_temporal/Paginas/default.aspx
The second option is to enter the car by means of a Temporary Importation Permit that must be processed before the customs authorities by force through a certified customs broker.
The advantage of having to enter the car in this way is that the customs agent is the person who is responsible for carrying out all the corresponding procedures and ensures the free passage of the car to Mexican territory, as long as all the requirements established by the law.
• The Organizing Committee of La Carrera Panamericana serves as a covenant for this procedure.
• It is not mandatory for the car to cross the border on its own. You can enter partially disassembled in a trailer.
• The owner of the car does not have to be present at the crossing of the border.
• You must declare everything that is accepted to enter the country and pay the corresponding taxes. Everything that enters the country must necessarily leave - otherwise, the competitor may be subject to fines and administrative sanctions by the customs authorities.
The competitor must submit a detailed list to his customs broker of all the additional process he has for his participation in the event. This list should be as close as possible and include data such as: name, quantity, description, no. of series and approximate realistic value (low range).
• The customs agent who chooses an office in Laredo, Texas and in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
• The customs agent will accompany the competitor, or his representative to cross the border, at all times and will offer help to carry out the process.
• The cost of this service includes the payment of all the corresponding taxes, the official rates of the recipients and the fees of the customs agent.
• At the end of the event, it is important to return to the offices of the customs agent on the Nuevo Laredo, Mexico side to carry out the procedure to cancel the import petition. Otherwise, the competitor may be subject to an economic sanction by the customs authorities.
For more information about the procedures for the Temporary Import Permit, please contact your customs broker or to:
Customs Agency - Grupo Rayim de la Miyar
Adriana De la Miyar Garza
Alejandro De la Miyar Garza
Office Mexico City: (55) 5635 8709
Nuevo Laredo Office: (867) 712 3253
Office Laredo, TX USA: (956) 726 0807
Note: The Organized Committee disclaims responsibility for the election of the Customs Agent made by the competitor.